UFO hunters reported multiple sightings in Docklands
UFO files released by the Government show a group of paranormal hunters reported multiple sightings in Docklands.
The Woolwich UFO Research Group reported unexplained phenomena near what is now the O2 in 2000 and 2001 saying at least 30 people saw a bright orange spherical object.
The Ministry of Defence at the time dismissed the sightings near London City Airport and said it didn’t have cause for concern its airspace was being breached.
The National Archives have released the files which show a fake flying saucer hoax by students caused the Government to launch a full investigation into aliens.
In December 2000, the group reported a triangular UFO which it says was observed for a few minutes over the Millennium Dome.
You may also want to watch:
Then in February 2001, a bright orange UFO was reported hovering over the exact same spot.
The group said the objects posed a direct threat to craft using nearby City Airport.
- 1 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 3 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 4 Green light for £1m in levies to be used for East End fire rescue ladder
- 5 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 6 'Laughing gas central': Call for action on antisocial behaviour
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 9 Poplar and Limehouse MP's trial on housing fraud charges set to start
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
Were you part of the Woolwich UFO research Group? Contact us on Twitter a@TheDocklands or firstname.lastname@example.org.