Unattended candle starts Poplar fire that left woman needing medical treatment
- Credit: Archant
An unattended candle is believed to have caused a fire at a flat in Poplar which left a woman needing medical treatment.
Last week, firefighters were called to a block of flats in East India Dock where four people had escaped before their arrival
However one woman was treated at the scene by paramedics.
Investigators from the London Fire Brigade (LFB) believe the blaze which damaged the second-floor flat was started by a candle left unattended.
A LFB spokesman said: “Candles are one of the most common causes of fire. It’s really important that you never leave a candle unattended and keep them away from curtains and anything else that can easily catch fire.”
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews were called to the blaze last Wednesday at 6pm and had it under control in 90 minutes.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns