Underground staff are on top at Canary Wharf—well, almost
STAFF at Canary Wharf Tube station have come out smiling in a contest involving thousands of transport workers. They notched up second place in a competition to find the customer service team of the year’ anywhere on the London Underground
STAFF at Canary Wharf Underground station have come out smiling in a contest involving thousands of transport workers.
They notched up second place in a competition to find the customer service team of the year’ anywhere on the London Underground.
Only staff at North Harrow pipped them to the top spot.
Some of the comments Jubilee Line commuters who cast their votes for Canary Wharf included: “They smile behind the ticket barrier everyday... they’re always around and willing to help, even stopping and asking if you’re okay if you look a bit flustered... they’re always there to help if you need a hand.”
The team, with station manager Manjit Buttar, were voted for by passengers for the London Transport’ award recognising those making a difference to the travelling public, involved staff at 270 stations on the London Underground.
- 1 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 2 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 3 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 5 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 6 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 7 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 8 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 9 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 10 ‘Manhattanisation’ of Isle of Dogs concerns residents