Underground staff are on top at Canary Wharf—well, almost
STAFF at Canary Wharf Tube station have come out smiling in a contest involving thousands of transport workers. They notched up second place in a competition to find the customer service team of the year’ anywhere on the London Underground
STAFF at Canary Wharf Underground station have come out smiling in a contest involving thousands of transport workers.
They notched up second place in a competition to find the customer service team of the year’ anywhere on the London Underground.
Only staff at North Harrow pipped them to the top spot.
Some of the comments Jubilee Line commuters who cast their votes for Canary Wharf included: “They smile behind the ticket barrier everyday... they’re always around and willing to help, even stopping and asking if you’re okay if you look a bit flustered... they’re always there to help if you need a hand.”
You may also want to watch:
The team, with station manager Manjit Buttar, were voted for by passengers for the London Transport’ award recognising those making a difference to the travelling public, involved staff at 270 stations on the London Underground.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 3 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 4 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 5 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 6 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 7 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 8 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'