Underground staff are on top at Canary Wharf—well, almost
STAFF at Canary Wharf Tube station have come out smiling in a contest involving thousands of transport workers. They notched up second place in a competition to find the customer service team of the year’ anywhere on the London Underground
STAFF at Canary Wharf Underground station have come out smiling in a contest involving thousands of transport workers.
They notched up second place in a competition to find the customer service team of the year’ anywhere on the London Underground.
Only staff at North Harrow pipped them to the top spot.
Some of the comments Jubilee Line commuters who cast their votes for Canary Wharf included: “They smile behind the ticket barrier everyday... they’re always around and willing to help, even stopping and asking if you’re okay if you look a bit flustered... they’re always there to help if you need a hand.”
You may also want to watch:
The team, with station manager Manjit Buttar, were voted for by passengers for the London Transport’ award recognising those making a difference to the travelling public, involved staff at 270 stations on the London Underground.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 9 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse