Underground staff are on top at Canary Wharf—well, almost
STAFF at Canary Wharf Tube station have come out smiling in a contest involving thousands of transport workers. They notched up second place in a competition to find the customer service team of the year’ anywhere on the London Underground
STAFF at Canary Wharf Underground station have come out smiling in a contest involving thousands of transport workers.
They notched up second place in a competition to find the customer service team of the year’ anywhere on the London Underground.
Only staff at North Harrow pipped them to the top spot.
Some of the comments Jubilee Line commuters who cast their votes for Canary Wharf included: “They smile behind the ticket barrier everyday... they’re always around and willing to help, even stopping and asking if you’re okay if you look a bit flustered... they’re always there to help if you need a hand.”
You may also want to watch:
The team, with station manager Manjit Buttar, were voted for by passengers for the London Transport’ award recognising those making a difference to the travelling public, involved staff at 270 stations on the London Underground.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 7 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 8 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 9 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 10 Contractors host Macmillan Coffee Morning before Stepney restorations begin