University of East London students board big red business bus
- Credit: Archant
A giant big red bus has been driving round London, and no, we’re not having another referendum.
Students from the University of East London, Birkbeck University and the London College of Fashion went on a ‘Venture Crawl’ round the city, visiting successful businesses to learn about entrepreneurship and creativity in industry.
They went to the Google Campus in Shoreditch, Amazon Fashion and HelloFresh UK, and also had a talk from Sarah Abrahams, the head of growth funding over lunch at Grant Thornton.
Qadeer Akhter, a final year graphic design student said: “The London Venture Crawl was a really great experience, Amazon Fashion had to be the best part of the day.
“Our final stop at Innovation Warehouse was another great part as I was able to experience mixed reality and hearing the story of artificial reality being implemented into museums made me feel as if there is a market for my ideas.”
You may also want to watch:
During the tour, business owners and experts came aboard to share their stories and give advice.
- 1 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 2 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 3 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 8 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green