From City Hall: Disappointed by spending review
Unmesh Desai AM, City and East
- Credit: City Hall
With the latest announcement of Tier 4 restrictions in London, I know many people will be feeling disheartened, but I know the East End can maintain the community spirit we’ve seen all year.
Please keep following guidance from the government and the council – the wider rollout of the vaccine will allow life to begin to return to normal, so please stay safe for now.
My work over the last few months on the Assembly’s economy and health committees has focused on mitigating the pandemic’s effects until then.
I am disappointed with the government’s spending review and the country being asked to tolerate more public sector pay restraint, when so many have given so much this year.
Although Assembly members have contributed what we can by freezing our own pay, frontline workers should not face the same.
You may also want to watch:
Best wishes for the New Year. Stay safe.
- 1 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 2 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 3 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 4 Whitechapel lab to research East End's high throat cancer rates
- 5 'Tokyo Olympics? Tough call after Covid,' says Montell Douglas
- 6 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 7 'We need more Covid vaccines,' Tower Hamlets mayor warns
- 8 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 9 Rabina Khan: What we must do five years on from Brexit referendum
- 10 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo