UPDATE: Mystery deepens as police rule out suspicious death in Whitechapel Road
- Credit: Archant
The cause of the fall is still unknown after a man plummeted to his death this weekend but police are not treating it as suspicious.
Officers were called to Whitechapel Road, at 09.19am on Saturday May 31 to reports of him falling from a second-storey roof.
When the police and London Ambulance Service attended the scene they found the man suffering serious injuries.
The 31-year-old died at the scene a shortly after.
A police spokesman said: “We await next of kin and formal identification. A post-mortem examination will be held in due course.”
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 5 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 Disgraceful management of the pandemic