US athlete Jarrod Shoemaker heading for Canary Wharf triathlon
US triathlon star Jarrod Shoemaker and up-and-coming British competitor Tom Bishop will be taking part in a Cnary Wharf race on June 28.
Shoemaker, who competed at the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games, also competed in last year’s GE Canary Wharf Triathlon while Bishop makes his debut appearance.
Both athletes will be joining some of the world’s best elite triathletes for the event.
Through a series of fast-paced 30 minute heats, consisting of a 400m swim, 10km bike and 2km run, 50 starters will be cut to 20 finalists.
Mr Shoemaker said: “There are some events in the calendar that you really look forward to competing in, and this is one of them.
“The atmosphere is incredible and the level of athletes competing is exceptional.”
Leeds University athlete Bishop is said to be one of the UK’s up-and-coming triathlon stars.
- 1 Man, woman and child escape 'large' e-bike fire in Wapping flat by climbing out window
- 2 Tower Hamlets A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 3 Plan to install gates at canalside development blocked despite ASB concerns
- 4 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 5 Thames Water: Hosepipe ban announced for London and Thames Valley
- 6 Teenager, 17, arrested after car crashes into Bow apartment building
- 7 'Ruthless' killer sentenced for Isle of Dogs murder
- 8 Investigation under way after fire and explosion at Shoreditch block
- 9 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 10 All Points East 2022: Gorillaz, Idles line-up and stage times
He came third at the Under 23 World Championships in Beijing and last year won the Super Series event in Windsor.