US athlete Jarrod Shoemaker heading for Canary Wharf triathlon
US triathlon star Jarrod Shoemaker and up-and-coming British competitor Tom Bishop will be taking part in a Cnary Wharf race on June 28.
Shoemaker, who competed at the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games, also competed in last year’s GE Canary Wharf Triathlon while Bishop makes his debut appearance.
Both athletes will be joining some of the world’s best elite triathletes for the event.
Through a series of fast-paced 30 minute heats, consisting of a 400m swim, 10km bike and 2km run, 50 starters will be cut to 20 finalists.
Mr Shoemaker said: “There are some events in the calendar that you really look forward to competing in, and this is one of them.
You may also want to watch:
“The atmosphere is incredible and the level of athletes competing is exceptional.”
Leeds University athlete Bishop is said to be one of the UK’s up-and-coming triathlon stars.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 3 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 7 'Grief and queer coming of age' theatre show to be put on for London Horror Festival
- 8 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 9 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
He came third at the Under 23 World Championships in Beijing and last year won the Super Series event in Windsor.