US athlete Jarrod Shoemaker heading for Canary Wharf triathlon
US triathlon star Jarrod Shoemaker and up-and-coming British competitor Tom Bishop will be taking part in a Cnary Wharf race on June 28.
Shoemaker, who competed at the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games, also competed in last year’s GE Canary Wharf Triathlon while Bishop makes his debut appearance.
Both athletes will be joining some of the world’s best elite triathletes for the event.
Through a series of fast-paced 30 minute heats, consisting of a 400m swim, 10km bike and 2km run, 50 starters will be cut to 20 finalists.
Mr Shoemaker said: “There are some events in the calendar that you really look forward to competing in, and this is one of them.
You may also want to watch:
“The atmosphere is incredible and the level of athletes competing is exceptional.”
Leeds University athlete Bishop is said to be one of the UK’s up-and-coming triathlon stars.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 4 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
He came third at the Under 23 World Championships in Beijing and last year won the Super Series event in Windsor.