Tell us your stories to mark the 75th anniversary of VE Day
- Credit: Archant
This year we mark the 75th anniversary of Victory in Europe Day and to celebrate we would like to share readers’ memories.
The early May bank holiday has been put back to Friday, May 8 this year to coincide with the day when fighting against Nazi Germany ended in Europe in the Second World War.
The holiday marks the start of three days of commemoration with events planned up and down the country.
To mark this historic anniversary, we would like to share stories from readers who remember VE Day 1945 either because they fought during the 1939-45 conflict or joined celebrations at the time.
If you don't mind being named, photographed and telling us how you marked the occasion, please get in touch with reporter Jon King on 020 8477 3893 or email email@example.com
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively, if you are planning an event in the area, please let us know.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 4 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 5 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 9 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 10 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel