Veteran performers to close Cockney Heritage Festival next weekend
Veteran performers are set to take the stage next weekend to close the Cockney Heritage Festival.
Bethnal Green Working Men’s Club is set to host “original artists from yesteryear” as part of the “moriarty” marking the end of the nine day celebration of East End culture.
The dancers and magicians at the event on Saturday (July 27) will all be over the age of 83, organisers say.
Warren Dent, who runs the club in Pollard Row said it will be a “once in a lifetime show” as performers will be unlikely ever to get together in one place again.
For more information and tickets, visit: http://workersplaytime.net/NEXTWEEK.htm.
You may also want to watch:
For information on the rest of the events during the Cockney Heritage Festival, visit: http://cockneyheritagefestival.eventbrite.co.uk/.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims