Veteran performers to close Cockney Heritage Festival next weekend
Veteran performers are set to take the stage next weekend to close the Cockney Heritage Festival.
Bethnal Green Working Men’s Club is set to host “original artists from yesteryear” as part of the “moriarty” marking the end of the nine day celebration of East End culture.
The dancers and magicians at the event on Saturday (July 27) will all be over the age of 83, organisers say.
Warren Dent, who runs the club in Pollard Row said it will be a “once in a lifetime show” as performers will be unlikely ever to get together in one place again.
For more information and tickets, visit: http://workersplaytime.net/NEXTWEEK.htm.
You may also want to watch:
For information on the rest of the events during the Cockney Heritage Festival, visit: http://cockneyheritagefestival.eventbrite.co.uk/.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 3 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 4 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 5 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 6 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 7 Trees planted to remember people who died of Covid in the East End
- 8 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 9 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 10 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green