Vicar appeals for Bow parishoners to share their photos of her church
A vicar is appealing for parishioners to dig out their old photos of her church in Bow, which has just been awarded a £10,000 grant to tell the story of its past as part of a research project.
The congregation at St Paul Old Ford is planning to create a touch-screen computer programme about the church’s history, a mobile phone application containing the same information, and an educational church trail for children.
The church, which was built in St Stephen’s Road in 1878, received a grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund’s “All Our Stories” programme to carry out the research.
The funding will enable researchers to work with tutors from York University who will teach them how to conduct online research and the best way to archive historic records.
The St Paul’s history buffs are eager to meet people who have old photos of the church or activities being held there.
You may also want to watch:
Rev Philippa Boardman said she was “delighted” the church had received the funding, and added: “This research project will enable us to discover how St Paul’s has helped this community to flourish in all kinds of ways since 1878. We welcome EastEnders, past and present, to join us in making this project a lasting success and resource for future generations.”
She is inviting people to a photo-sharing session on Friday, March 1, at the church from 1pm until 3.30pm. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week