Victim robbed in broad daylight in Stepney
AN East End man was dragged to the ground and threatened with a knife before being robbed in broad daylight. The 27-year-old was walking along Cleveland Way in Stepney towards Mile End Road at around 2.20pm on Tuesday March 9 when he was grabbed from
AN East End man was dragged to the ground and threatened with a knife before being robbed in broad daylight.
The 27-year-old was walking along Cleveland Way in Stepney towards Mile End Road at around 2.20pm on Tuesday March 9 when he was grabbed from behind and pinned to the ground at the entrance of an alley.
While threatening him with a knife, one of the attackers searched the victim's pockets and snatched his wallet and mobile phone.
The two thugs, both described as black, around 5ft 10 inches and aged between 23 and 25 years old, escaped on mountain bikes back along Cleveland Way towards Mile End Road.
You may also want to watch:
The first suspect was also described as wearing a black jacket, black hooded top, black jeans and black converse trainers.
And the second man was wearing a black and grey checked jacket and dark jeans.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 6 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 7 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 'Set deadline to remove cladding,' Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 10 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
Anyone with information should contact DC Dele Alabi in the Robbery Squad on 020 8217 4162 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.