Victim robbed in broad daylight in Stepney
AN East End man was dragged to the ground and threatened with a knife before being robbed in broad daylight. The 27-year-old was walking along Cleveland Way in Stepney towards Mile End Road at around 2.20pm on Tuesday March 9 when he was grabbed from
AN East End man was dragged to the ground and threatened with a knife before being robbed in broad daylight.
The 27-year-old was walking along Cleveland Way in Stepney towards Mile End Road at around 2.20pm on Tuesday March 9 when he was grabbed from behind and pinned to the ground at the entrance of an alley.
While threatening him with a knife, one of the attackers searched the victim's pockets and snatched his wallet and mobile phone.
The two thugs, both described as black, around 5ft 10 inches and aged between 23 and 25 years old, escaped on mountain bikes back along Cleveland Way towards Mile End Road.
The first suspect was also described as wearing a black jacket, black hooded top, black jeans and black converse trainers.
And the second man was wearing a black and grey checked jacket and dark jeans.
- 1 Man 'seriously injured' after e-scooter fall
- 2 Canary Wharf Underground station stabbing leaves man in hospital
- 3 Investigation under way after fire and explosion at Shoreditch block
- 4 'Ruthless' killer sentenced for Isle of Dogs murder
- 5 Teenager, 17, arrested after car crashes into Bow apartment building
- 6 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 7 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 8 Archie Battersbee dies: Hospital staff showed 'extraordinary compassion'
- 9 Wellens wants fans 'out in force' as Leyton Orient host Mansfield
- 10 Campaign launched for young people anxious about A Level and GSCE results
Anyone with information should contact DC Dele Alabi in the Robbery Squad on 020 8217 4162 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.