Victim robbed in broad daylight in Stepney
AN East End man was dragged to the ground and threatened with a knife before being robbed in broad daylight. The 27-year-old was walking along Cleveland Way in Stepney towards Mile End Road at around 2.20pm on Tuesday March 9 when he was grabbed from
AN East End man was dragged to the ground and threatened with a knife before being robbed in broad daylight.
The 27-year-old was walking along Cleveland Way in Stepney towards Mile End Road at around 2.20pm on Tuesday March 9 when he was grabbed from behind and pinned to the ground at the entrance of an alley.
While threatening him with a knife, one of the attackers searched the victim's pockets and snatched his wallet and mobile phone.
The two thugs, both described as black, around 5ft 10 inches and aged between 23 and 25 years old, escaped on mountain bikes back along Cleveland Way towards Mile End Road.
You may also want to watch:
The first suspect was also described as wearing a black jacket, black hooded top, black jeans and black converse trainers.
And the second man was wearing a black and grey checked jacket and dark jeans.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 5 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
Anyone with information should contact DC Dele Alabi in the Robbery Squad on 020 8217 4162 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.