Victoria Park Reindeer Run cancelled
Bad weather has led to the cancellation of a fancy-dress Reindeer Run in Victoria Park which was scheduled for Sunday (December 5).
Runners were set to tackle 5k and 10k runs in full reindeer costume to raise funds for the Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI).
But weather conditions which would give real reindeers second thought have led organisers to call off the event, which is now scheduled for January 23 at the same location.
The RNLI has called of a number of its 13 country-wide runs which were planned on the same day.
All those who were due to take part are automatically entered into next year’s event.
You may also want to watch:
Samantha Kay, RNLI Events manager, said: ‘It is really unfortunate, but we just felt we had no option.
“We deliberately waited until closer to the weekend in the hope that the snow might have melted and the weather forecast improved.
- 1 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 2 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 3 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 4 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 5 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 6 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 9 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 10 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
“However, this isn’t the case.
“The paths in Victoria Park are still very icy and we felt that we couldn’t justify asking 400 or so people to come down and run in such conditions.”
Fundraisers can still sign up for the January run by visiting rnli.org.uk/reindeer.