Victoria Park Singers recruiting new choir members without audition
- Credit: VRS choir
A choir that takes on new members without auditions is recruiting for its Christmas concert performance in Limehouse.
The Victoria Park Singers, founded by Hannah Brine from Bow, wants volunteers to join them for the autumn school term.
The 80-strong mixed-voice choir, which celebrates its fifth anniversary, performs a wide range from choral classics to pop and jazz.
“People are always taken aback that we don’t audition,” Hannah revealed. “Our members work hard and tackle challenging music.”
The choir, which rehearses in Lauriston School in South Hackney on Wednesday evenings, is preparing for its end-of-term performance at St Anne’s Church in Limehouse on December 6, raising money for Richard House children’s hospice in Beckton.
Those interested in joining Victoria Park Singers can email email@example.com to sign up.
You may also want to watch:
Hannah also started singing workshops at the Stour Space in Old Ford two years ago (pictured above) teaching soul, pop and gospel, after being approached by Tower Hamlets Council with the idea of setting up a youth choir.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided