VIDEO: A-level twins from Cambridge Heath College head to the same university... to study the same course
- Credit: Archant
Twins who opened up their A-level results today are now heading off to the same university... to study the same course.
Talented duo Erdoo and Iveren Yonga will start at Manchester University in September, where they will both study Politics, Philosophy and Economics.
The delighted pair celebrated this morning when they opened the envelopes containing their fates at Cambridge Heath Sixth Form College in Bethnal Green.
“This morning I was so upset – I cried in the shower!” said Iveren, explaining that her UCAS profile had not updated to show she had been given a place.
“It was so nerve-wracking. I’m just relieved and pleased! I didn’t want to go anywhere other than Manchester. Now I need to book train tickets,” added Iveren after seeing that she got A grades in economics and chemistry and a B in maths.
You may also want to watch:
Other successful students included Amin Habib, who is the college’s first student to go to study medicine in its three year history after getting three A grades in ICT, biology, chemistry and a B in maths.
“From day one I wanted to do it so I am just so happy,” said Amin, who will start at King’s College, London, in September.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 10 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
“My teachers have helped me from day one,” he added.