VIDEO: A-level twins from Cambridge Heath College head to the same university... to study the same course
- Credit: Archant
Twins who opened up their A-level results today are now heading off to the same university... to study the same course.
Talented duo Erdoo and Iveren Yonga will start at Manchester University in September, where they will both study Politics, Philosophy and Economics.
The delighted pair celebrated this morning when they opened the envelopes containing their fates at Cambridge Heath Sixth Form College in Bethnal Green.
“This morning I was so upset – I cried in the shower!” said Iveren, explaining that her UCAS profile had not updated to show she had been given a place.
“It was so nerve-wracking. I’m just relieved and pleased! I didn’t want to go anywhere other than Manchester. Now I need to book train tickets,” added Iveren after seeing that she got A grades in economics and chemistry and a B in maths.
You may also want to watch:
Other successful students included Amin Habib, who is the college’s first student to go to study medicine in its three year history after getting three A grades in ICT, biology, chemistry and a B in maths.
“From day one I wanted to do it so I am just so happy,” said Amin, who will start at King’s College, London, in September.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 8 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 9 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 10 O’s seeking to end winless run of three games with win over struggling Saddlers
“My teachers have helped me from day one,” he added.