Video: Parkour academy in Tower Hamlets offering training
- Credit: Archant
Do you dream of scaling up walls like Spiderman?
A new custom-designed arena in Tower Hamlets is promising to help people do just that, at the Chainstore London Academy of Parkour in Trinity Buoy Wharf.
Chris Rowat, manager and senior coach of Parkour Generations, says the venue provides a “dream training ground” for those who train there.
He regularly competes and trains internationally but also really enjoys being back at home in London.
“I think it is one of the most popular cities for Parkour at the moment,” he said. “The community here is very positive and very connected and it’s a nice melting pot for ideas and different training disciplines.”
You may also want to watch:
Plans to expand and and adapt the centre are already underway due to its popularity.
Chris says that for him, parkour is about freedom.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
“It’s not being constrained or stopped by obstacles or things that might be in your way and realising that if you are willing to work hard at something then you can overcome almost anything,” he added.
For more information about the training centre, visit parkourgenerations.com/chainstore