Video: Parkour academy in Tower Hamlets offering training
- Credit: Archant
Do you dream of scaling up walls like Spiderman?
A new custom-designed arena in Tower Hamlets is promising to help people do just that, at the Chainstore London Academy of Parkour in Trinity Buoy Wharf.
Chris Rowat, manager and senior coach of Parkour Generations, says the venue provides a “dream training ground” for those who train there.
He regularly competes and trains internationally but also really enjoys being back at home in London.
“I think it is one of the most popular cities for Parkour at the moment,” he said. “The community here is very positive and very connected and it’s a nice melting pot for ideas and different training disciplines.”
You may also want to watch:
Plans to expand and and adapt the centre are already underway due to its popularity.
Chris says that for him, parkour is about freedom.
- 1 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 2 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 3 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 4 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 5 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 6 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 7 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 8 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 9 Report reveals scale of support offered by council during Covid crisis
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
“It’s not being constrained or stopped by obstacles or things that might be in your way and realising that if you are willing to work hard at something then you can overcome almost anything,” he added.
For more information about the training centre, visit parkourgenerations.com/chainstore