VIDEO: Queen Mary cheerleaders to take on world’s best in Florida
- Credit: Archant
A group of university cheerleaders are set to take on teams from around the world after triumphing in national finals.
The QM Angels, of Queen Mary College, University of London, are set to compete in European championship in June, before heading to the World Finals in Florida next year.
The opportunity comes after the dynamic squad excelled in the national heats, winning a total of seven first place trophies.
They also won the title of best routine across all divisions in the competition, leaving them keen to take on the best cheerleaders from around the world in Florida.
Their president, Chloe Sinclair, said: “This is a truly extraordinary opportunity for our cheerleading squad.
You may also want to watch:
“We are like a big family and the support from the team has been amazing”, she added.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 3 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 7 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 8 'Grief and queer coming of age' theatre show to be put on for London Horror Festival
- 9 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences