Video tribute to Mile End cancer sufferer who died a month after getting married
- Credit: Archant
The family of Eric Meighan, a cancer sufferer from Mile End who died on March 1, have made a tribute video in his memory.
The Advertiser reported Eric’s story when he decided to marry his partner of 16 years after finding out he had just weeks to live.
Eric passed away from lung cancer on Easter Sunday when he was 65 – exactly a month after he wed Jane Harvey, 52, at St Bart’s Hospital.
The couple had planned to marry in Bart’s Great Hall, but Eric’s condition meant they had to change venues to a small hospital room.
Despite being in the midst of a snowstorm, the wedding was attended by Eric and Jane’s friends and family.
You may also want to watch:
Eric met Jane during a bus ride home from work in November, 2001 and they lived in Bancroft Road in Mile End.
His funeral will be held on Wednesday April 25, at Saint Mary and Saint Michael’s Church, Commercial Road, at 11am.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 6 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards