Viewpoint: I am humbled residents have put their faith in me again
- Credit: Kios/LBTH
We achieved a great deal since I was elected in 2015 and I am humbled that the people of Tower Hamlets have put their faith in me again.
When I was elected I inherited a council in crisis.
We have made major progress over three years.
But there is far more to do.
We have moved Tower Hamlets away from the turmoil of the past, towards a council focused on delivering high class public services for our residents, and that’s what we will focus on now.
You may also want to watch:
I’m delighted that residents have recognised the progress we have made, and overwhelmingly voted to support us.
But just as importantly have rejected the cynical and divisive politics of the past.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 3 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 4 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 7 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 8 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
We will succeed by working together.
To be re-elected as mayor convincingly, and win 42 out of 45 council seats shows that local people agree and want to move on.