Viewpoint: Support new mental health initiative and make a difference
- Credit: Archant
In wishing all readers of the Advertiser a Happy New Year, I also wish each one of you a healthy one.
We tend to take our health for granted, and it is only if a friend or a family member is taken ill do we begin to appreciate the truly remarkable and selfless work of staff in the NHS.
Yet we know that it has been chronically under-funded by this Tory Government. We actually spend far less than many of our European neighbours and the strain is showing. We are hearing from NHS staff at the sharp end, that the service is at breaking point in many parts of the country.
One way that we can all help is to support a great new initiative, Thrive London, aimed at helping the two million Londoners who experience some form of poor mental health each year. For too long mental health well-being has been at the back of a very long queue.
Not any longer. Thrive London is supported by the London Health Board and the London mayor.
You may also want to watch:
It has my support and I hope that it will have yours. Please visit thriveldn.co.uk - we all can make a difference if we choose.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower