Vigil for man who died in G20 demo at Bank
PROTESTORS staged a gathering opposite the Bank of England in honour of a man who died during yesterday's G20 protest. The incident has been referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission
PROTESTORS staged a gathering opposite the Bank of England in honour of a man who died during yesterday's G20 protest.
The incident has been referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission.
The Legal Defence and Monitoring Group has also asked for information about the death of the man, who has not been formally identified yet.
About 50 people were escorted from Bishopsgate today (Thurs) by mounted police to join the vigil.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier police broke up the 'climate camp' outside the Global Climate Exchange HQ in Bishopsgate.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 3 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 4 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 10 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel