Vigil for man who died in G20 demo at Bank
PROTESTORS staged a gathering opposite the Bank of England in honour of a man who died during yesterday's G20 protest. The incident has been referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission
PROTESTORS staged a gathering opposite the Bank of England in honour of a man who died during yesterday's G20 protest.
The incident has been referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission.
The Legal Defence and Monitoring Group has also asked for information about the death of the man, who has not been formally identified yet.
About 50 people were escorted from Bishopsgate today (Thurs) by mounted police to join the vigil.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier police broke up the 'climate camp' outside the Global Climate Exchange HQ in Bishopsgate.
- 1 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 2 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 5 Leyton Orient agree new deal with defender Dan Happe
- 6 Travel: Roadworks at Shoreditch and Bishopsgate could slow traffic
- 7 Former Leyton Orient striker Lee Angol joins Bradford City
- 8 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 9 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 10 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family