Violent partner jailed for attacking pregnant girlfriend
A MAN who violently attacked his pregnant girlfriend in East London has been slapped with four months behind bars. It wasn’t the first time Christopher Griffiths got violent—but he will be out in time for the child’s birth
A MAN who violently attacked his pregnant girlfriend in East London has been slapped with four months behind bars.
It wasn’t the first time Christopher Griffiths got violent—but he will be out in time for the child’s birth.
Griffiths admitted assaulting his 23-year-old partner who is expecting a baby in November.
The 30-year-old from Mace Street in Bethnal Green grabbed her by her throat and threw a mobile phone at her.
You may also want to watch:
Police arrested him on June 27 and charged him the same day. He appeared before Thames magistrates the following Monday when he was sentenced.
- 1 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 2 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 3 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 4 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 7 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 8 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 9 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 10 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
Det Sgt Craig Robinson said after the hearing: “Griffiths is a violent individual who has served other prison terms for violence.
“This is the first time his partner has had the courage to prosecute for an assault. She wasn’t injured, but four months’ jail for Griffiths shows the serious way courts deal with domestic violence.”
Police are urging victims of domestic assault to contact them in confidence and complaints “will be taken seriously.”