Violent partner jailed for attacking pregnant girlfriend
A MAN who violently attacked his pregnant girlfriend in East London has been slapped with four months behind bars. It wasn’t the first time Christopher Griffiths got violent—but he will be out in time for the child’s birth
A MAN who violently attacked his pregnant girlfriend in East London has been slapped with four months behind bars.
It wasn’t the first time Christopher Griffiths got violent—but he will be out in time for the child’s birth.
Griffiths admitted assaulting his 23-year-old partner who is expecting a baby in November.
The 30-year-old from Mace Street in Bethnal Green grabbed her by her throat and threw a mobile phone at her.
You may also want to watch:
Police arrested him on June 27 and charged him the same day. He appeared before Thames magistrates the following Monday when he was sentenced.
- 1 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 2 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 3 Highest point reached on new homes in disused Bethnal Green car park
- 4 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 5 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 6 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 7 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 8 Leyton Orient sign Theo Archibald on loan from Lincoln City
- 9 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 10 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
Det Sgt Craig Robinson said after the hearing: “Griffiths is a violent individual who has served other prison terms for violence.
“This is the first time his partner has had the courage to prosecute for an assault. She wasn’t injured, but four months’ jail for Griffiths shows the serious way courts deal with domestic violence.”
Police are urging victims of domestic assault to contact them in confidence and complaints “will be taken seriously.”