Visitor gets down on one knee during Olympic Park tour
by Gemma Collins LOVE was in the air on Sunday when an Olympics fan got down on one knee during a visit to the Games site. Tom Clift was among thousands who flocked to the
LOVE was in the air on Sunday when an Olympics fan got down on one knee during a visit to the Games site.
Tom Clift was among thousands who flocked to the Olympic Park during Open House weekend to have a peek at the construction work which is well underway across the site.
But the love-struck 29-year-old had another plan up his sleeve and as he and his girlfriend approached the Olympics Stadium he popped the question.
And luckily for him his girlfriend Rachel Walker, who competed in the Beijing Games for the Great Britain Women's Hockey team, said yes.
You may also want to watch:
Tom who works for the Coventry & Warwickshire 2012 Partnership and came all the way from Leamington Spa in Warwickshire for the tour said: "Given both our passions for the Olympics, it was a dream come true to be able to propose to the woman I love by the stadium."
The couple are planning to have an Olympics-themed wedding.
- 1 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 2 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 3 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Theo Archibald on loan from Lincoln City
- 5 Highest point reached on new homes in disused Bethnal Green car park
- 6 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 7 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 8 Thames Path voted UK's No one for walking — even if blocked in places
- 9 Bidding for Harry Kane's signed jersey open in Wapping Youth FC auction
- 10 ‘Humanitarian disaster’ food shortage for East End families in poverty