Visitor gets down on one knee during Olympic Park tour
by Gemma Collins LOVE was in the air on Sunday when an Olympics fan got down on one knee during a visit to the Games site. Tom Clift was among thousands who flocked to the
LOVE was in the air on Sunday when an Olympics fan got down on one knee during a visit to the Games site.
Tom Clift was among thousands who flocked to the Olympic Park during Open House weekend to have a peek at the construction work which is well underway across the site.
But the love-struck 29-year-old had another plan up his sleeve and as he and his girlfriend approached the Olympics Stadium he popped the question.
And luckily for him his girlfriend Rachel Walker, who competed in the Beijing Games for the Great Britain Women's Hockey team, said yes.
You may also want to watch:
Tom who works for the Coventry & Warwickshire 2012 Partnership and came all the way from Leamington Spa in Warwickshire for the tour said: "Given both our passions for the Olympics, it was a dream come true to be able to propose to the woman I love by the stadium."
The couple are planning to have an Olympics-themed wedding.
- 1 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 4 Green light for £1m in levies to be used for East End fire rescue ladder
- 5 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 6 'Laughing gas central': Call for action on antisocial behaviour
- 7 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Bethnal Green rubbish 'attracts rats' as 'pingdemic' delays collections
- 10 No arrests after triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs