Visitor gets down on one knee during Olympic Park tour
by Gemma Collins LOVE was in the air on Sunday when an Olympics fan got down on one knee during a visit to the Games site. Tom Clift was among thousands who flocked to the
LOVE was in the air on Sunday when an Olympics fan got down on one knee during a visit to the Games site.
Tom Clift was among thousands who flocked to the Olympic Park during Open House weekend to have a peek at the construction work which is well underway across the site.
But the love-struck 29-year-old had another plan up his sleeve and as he and his girlfriend approached the Olympics Stadium he popped the question.
And luckily for him his girlfriend Rachel Walker, who competed in the Beijing Games for the Great Britain Women's Hockey team, said yes.
You may also want to watch:
Tom who works for the Coventry & Warwickshire 2012 Partnership and came all the way from Leamington Spa in Warwickshire for the tour said: "Given both our passions for the Olympics, it was a dream come true to be able to propose to the woman I love by the stadium."
The couple are planning to have an Olympics-themed wedding.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 4 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff