Volunteers clear up East End river bank
VOLUNTEERS will be rolling up their sleeves to help clean up the river bank in East London. The tidy up on Wednesday May 19 has been organised by green charity Thames 21. They will be clearing rubbish off the foreshore at a spot where the river current du
VOLUNTEERS will be rolling up their sleeves to help clean up the river bank in East London.
The tidy up on Wednesday May 19 has been organised by green charity Thames 21.
They will be clearing rubbish off the foreshore at a spot where the river current dumps a lot of litter as it flows towards the sea. In March 59 volunteers turned up to he help clean up the banks of the Thames there.
The tidy up starts at 10.30am from Trinity Buoy Wharf, Orchard Way, with access from the beach and continues until 1pm.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteers should wear scruffy clothing.
Safety equipment and training will be provided by Thames 21.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Man, 19, charged after alleged sexual assaults in Tower Hamlets
- 9 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 10 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
Further information is available from email@example.com or 020 7 093 6382.