Walk takes in views of 2012 Olympic stadium
WALKERS can enjoy a good view of the 2012 Olympic stadium in a free guided walk this weekend. The walk tomorrow (Sunday May 23) is run by the Ramblers Association s Get Walking Keep Walking project encouraging Tower Hamlets and Hackney residents to take
WALKERS can enjoy a good view of the 2012 Olympic stadium in a free guided walk this weekend.
The walk tomorrow (Sunday May 23) is run by the Ramblers Association's Get Walking Keep Walking project encouraging Tower Hamlets and Hackney residents to take gentle exercise.
Photographer Charlotte Mew will be on hand to offer tips and everyone who joins the walk will get refreshments and a free step counter to monitor the number of footsteps they take each day.
To celebrate the Ramblers Association is giving the first 30 people on the walk are also offered the chance to join for �1 instead of the usual �29.50 individual membership to celebrate its 25th anniversary.
You may also want to watch:
Ramblers President, BBC Countryfile presenter Julia Bradbury said: "Accessible to all, walking is a perfect form of exercise. Even walking for half an hour five times a week makes a real difference. Make walking part of your life as the more you do, the better you'll feel.
"Joining in with Get Walking Day is an excellent way to kick-start a lifelong love of walking."
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 6 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 7 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
The walk begins at 11am outside the Pavilion Cafe, Victoria Park, at the corner of Old Ford Road and Grove Road in Bethnal Green and is open to all.