Walk takes in views of 2012 Olympic stadium
WALKERS can enjoy a good view of the 2012 Olympic stadium in a free guided walk this weekend. The walk tomorrow (Sunday May 23) is run by the Ramblers Association s Get Walking Keep Walking project encouraging Tower Hamlets and Hackney residents to take
WALKERS can enjoy a good view of the 2012 Olympic stadium in a free guided walk this weekend.
The walk tomorrow (Sunday May 23) is run by the Ramblers Association's Get Walking Keep Walking project encouraging Tower Hamlets and Hackney residents to take gentle exercise.
Photographer Charlotte Mew will be on hand to offer tips and everyone who joins the walk will get refreshments and a free step counter to monitor the number of footsteps they take each day.
To celebrate the Ramblers Association is giving the first 30 people on the walk are also offered the chance to join for �1 instead of the usual �29.50 individual membership to celebrate its 25th anniversary.
Ramblers President, BBC Countryfile presenter Julia Bradbury said: "Accessible to all, walking is a perfect form of exercise. Even walking for half an hour five times a week makes a real difference. Make walking part of your life as the more you do, the better you'll feel.
"Joining in with Get Walking Day is an excellent way to kick-start a lifelong love of walking."
- 1 Whitechapel dessert shop fined over £5,000 for dumping waste
- 2 Update: Woman, 56, missing in Tower Hamlets found
- 3 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 4 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 5 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 6 Cyclist in 'critical but stable' condition after Whitechapel lorry crash
- 7 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Cyclist in hospital after lorry collision in Whitechapel
- 10 Jailed: 9 east London offenders put behind bars in April
The walk begins at 11am outside the Pavilion Cafe, Victoria Park, at the corner of Old Ford Road and Grove Road in Bethnal Green and is open to all.