Walk takes in views of 2012 Olympic stadium
WALKERS can enjoy a good view of the 2012 Olympic stadium in a free guided walk this weekend. The walk tomorrow (Sunday May 23) is run by the Ramblers Association s Get Walking Keep Walking project encouraging Tower Hamlets and Hackney residents to take
WALKERS can enjoy a good view of the 2012 Olympic stadium in a free guided walk this weekend.
The walk tomorrow (Sunday May 23) is run by the Ramblers Association's Get Walking Keep Walking project encouraging Tower Hamlets and Hackney residents to take gentle exercise.
Photographer Charlotte Mew will be on hand to offer tips and everyone who joins the walk will get refreshments and a free step counter to monitor the number of footsteps they take each day.
To celebrate the Ramblers Association is giving the first 30 people on the walk are also offered the chance to join for �1 instead of the usual �29.50 individual membership to celebrate its 25th anniversary.
You may also want to watch:
Ramblers President, BBC Countryfile presenter Julia Bradbury said: "Accessible to all, walking is a perfect form of exercise. Even walking for half an hour five times a week makes a real difference. Make walking part of your life as the more you do, the better you'll feel.
"Joining in with Get Walking Day is an excellent way to kick-start a lifelong love of walking."
- 1 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 2 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 3 Docklands man pleaded guilty to firearms offences
- 4 Crossharbour scheme for 2,000 new homes on Isle of Dogs is halted
- 5 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 6 Working classes 'being pushed out by East End's gentrification'
- 7 Driver threatened at gunpoint in Bromley-by-Bow carjacking
- 8 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 10 Police search park in Poplar after report of stabbing
The walk begins at 11am outside the Pavilion Cafe, Victoria Park, at the corner of Old Ford Road and Grove Road in Bethnal Green and is open to all.