Walk takes in views of 2012 Olympic stadium
WALKERS can enjoy a good view of the 2012 Olympic stadium in a free guided walk this weekend. The walk tomorrow (Sunday May 23) is run by the Ramblers Association s Get Walking Keep Walking project encouraging Tower Hamlets and Hackney residents to take
WALKERS can enjoy a good view of the 2012 Olympic stadium in a free guided walk this weekend.
The walk tomorrow (Sunday May 23) is run by the Ramblers Association's Get Walking Keep Walking project encouraging Tower Hamlets and Hackney residents to take gentle exercise.
Photographer Charlotte Mew will be on hand to offer tips and everyone who joins the walk will get refreshments and a free step counter to monitor the number of footsteps they take each day.
To celebrate the Ramblers Association is giving the first 30 people on the walk are also offered the chance to join for �1 instead of the usual �29.50 individual membership to celebrate its 25th anniversary.
You may also want to watch:
Ramblers President, BBC Countryfile presenter Julia Bradbury said: "Accessible to all, walking is a perfect form of exercise. Even walking for half an hour five times a week makes a real difference. Make walking part of your life as the more you do, the better you'll feel.
"Joining in with Get Walking Day is an excellent way to kick-start a lifelong love of walking."
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 8 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
The walk begins at 11am outside the Pavilion Cafe, Victoria Park, at the corner of Old Ford Road and Grove Road in Bethnal Green and is open to all.