Wannabe East End thesps wanted for Arabian Nights production
BUDDING thespians who have dreamt of treading the boards may have the opportunity to let the Genie out of the lamp and take part in a new production of 1001 Nights.
Based on the popular 1001 Arabian Nights tales, the production, by Tower Hamlets council’s youth arts project ‘A’ Team Arts, will focus on some of the lesser known tales with an East End twist.
Wannabe actors, dancers, backstage crew and musicians aged 13-19 are invited to workshop auditions on Thursday at the Brady Arts Centre in Hanbury Street, Whitechapel from 6pm-9pm.
Rehearsals will then take place every Thursday from 6.30-9pm during term time until next April when the show will be staged.
House of Talent workshops are run by youth arts specialists and include circus and acrobatics, dance, drama, film and animation.
You may also want to watch:
Steve Murray, Head of Arts and Events said: “1001 Nights promises to be a fantastic show and we are looking for lots of creative young people to be a part of it.
“It is an exciting opportunity for young people to get involved in a wide range of art forms, learn new skills and achieve accreditation through the arts award scheme.
- 1 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 2 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 3 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 4 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 5 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 6 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 9 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 10 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
“Aspiring musicians, rappers and producers can help provide the soundtrack for the show and take advantage of the great recording facilities at the Brady Centre.”
For more information call Canan Salih on 020 7364 7912 or 07947 884279, or email email@example.com