Wapping housing office to close
Tenants have complained the closure of a housing office in Wapping will have a severe impact on vulnerable residents.
Tower Hamlets Homes is set to close its office in Prusom Street, Wapping today (Thursday September 15).
Those with housing queries will now have to travel to the next nearest office on Commercial Road.
Some are worried disabled and elderly residents, along with pregnant women will suffer under the new proposals.
Robbie Scott, of Ross House in Prusom Street, said tenants were not consulted and given less than a fortnight’s notice of the closure.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Residents shouldn’t have to travel miles to secure basic services that should be provided without complaint.”
A THH spokeswoman said it runs three other offices in the borough which tenants could use.
- 1 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 2 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 9 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 10 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
She added: “It hasn’t been used as a housing office for a while but to run two local housing surgeries each week.
“We’re working with residents to find alternative accommodation in the Wapping neighbourhood to run a local housing surgery.”