Wapping housing office to close
Tenants have complained the closure of a housing office in Wapping will have a severe impact on vulnerable residents.
Tower Hamlets Homes is set to close its office in Prusom Street, Wapping today (Thursday September 15).
Those with housing queries will now have to travel to the next nearest office on Commercial Road.
Some are worried disabled and elderly residents, along with pregnant women will suffer under the new proposals.
Robbie Scott, of Ross House in Prusom Street, said tenants were not consulted and given less than a fortnight’s notice of the closure.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Residents shouldn’t have to travel miles to secure basic services that should be provided without complaint.”
A THH spokeswoman said it runs three other offices in the borough which tenants could use.
- 1 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 2 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 3 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 4 'We need more Covid vaccines,' Tower Hamlets mayor warns
- 5 Rabina Khan: What we must do five years on from Brexit referendum
- 6 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 7 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 8 Unmesh Desai: 'Councillor's sudden death leaves huge void'
- 9 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 10 Whitechapel lab to research East End's high throat cancer rates
She added: “It hasn’t been used as a housing office for a while but to run two local housing surgeries each week.
“We’re working with residents to find alternative accommodation in the Wapping neighbourhood to run a local housing surgery.”