Wasteland scheme scoops design award for architects
A MULTI-MILLION pound housing development which is transforming a piece of wasteland has scooped a design award.The 51 home development on a disused bakers and joiners yard in Bethnal Green s Gosset Street have been designed by Formation Architects and h
A MULTI-MILLION pound housing development which is transforming a piece of wasteland has scooped a design award.
The 51 home development on a disused bakers and joiners yard in Bethnal Green's Gosset Street have been designed by Formation Architects and has just been announced as a winner in this year's Housing Design Awards.
Housing association A2Dominion will provide 15 homes with the remainder being sold by developers Barratt East London.
The judging panel for the Housing Design Awards 2009 named the development, called Tria, as a winner in the project winners category for unfinished schemes.
You may also want to watch:
Director of Formation Architects Tim Quick said: "This is exactly the kind of brown field site in the inner city that we need to be developing out to meet the housing need.
"We are proud to have won this prestigious award and to be part of providing these homes for the local community."
- 1 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire
- 2 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 3 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 4 Leyton Orient have announced their retained list as they begin rebuild
- 5 MP's fury at four-year delay removing Grenfell-type cladding from block
- 6 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 7 'Halt to development draining services' after win for neighbourhood plan
- 8 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
When the development is finished in autumn next year A2Dominion will provide 11 homes for rent, including a four-bed, five-bed and six-bed home, and four shared ownership properties.