We are civil servants who back the postal workers’ strike
Dear Ed,, WE FULLY support postal workers taking strike action today (Friday) and understand their protest as we are in the Civil Service and have been suffering for years with job cuts and low pay
WE FULLY support postal workers taking strike action today (Friday) and understand their protest as we are in the Civil Service and have been suffering for years with job cuts and low pay.
We have taken a number of strike actions ourselves and postal workers have always been supportive and never crossed our picket lines. We support the postal workers’ pickets at Royal Mail.
Public service to us is important, therefore it should never go the private companies. The Government must understand that services are provided much better when it is in public hands.
You may also want to watch:
The Government is always ready to pay millions to private companies—but doesn’t have any money for public servants. We are all members of PCS.
- 1 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 4 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 5 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 6 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 7 Mum praises 'amazing' NHS staff who saved 'precious' tot's life
- 8 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 9 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 10 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
c/o Poplar Jobcentre
Dod Street, Limehouse