We are civil servants who back the postal workers’ strike
Dear Ed,, WE FULLY support postal workers taking strike action today (Friday) and understand their protest as we are in the Civil Service and have been suffering for years with job cuts and low pay
WE FULLY support postal workers taking strike action today (Friday) and understand their protest as we are in the Civil Service and have been suffering for years with job cuts and low pay.
We have taken a number of strike actions ourselves and postal workers have always been supportive and never crossed our picket lines. We support the postal workers’ pickets at Royal Mail.
Public service to us is important, therefore it should never go the private companies. The Government must understand that services are provided much better when it is in public hands.
You may also want to watch:
The Government is always ready to pay millions to private companies—but doesn’t have any money for public servants. We are all members of PCS.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 4 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 7 Poplar and Limehouse MP's trial on housing fraud charges set to start
- 8 'Laughing gas central': Call for action on antisocial behaviour
- 9 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
c/o Poplar Jobcentre
Dod Street, Limehouse