We get street drunks because we sell liquor at all hours
Dear Ed, WHEN I first move to Bow there was one shop selling alcohol besides Tesco and Safeway’s. Now, thanks to the Town Hall planning department, every corner shop gets a license to sell liquor. That’s why we have these problems
WHEN I first move to Bow there was one shop selling alcohol besides Tesco and Safeway’s. Now, thanks to the Town Hall planning department, every corner shop gets a license to sell liquor.
That’s why we have these problems (Ban boozers down our street, shopkeepers urge,’ Advertiser Website).
The change in hours of sale don’t help. One thing we forget is Bow is a residential area with children going to school and decent people going to work.
I would stop the (drunks’) benefits and see if our taxes could be better spent on policing.
You may also want to watch:
Fairfield Road, Bow
- 1 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 2 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 3 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 4 Highest point reached on new homes in disused Bethnal Green car park
- 5 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 6 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 7 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 8 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Theo Archibald on loan from Lincoln City
- 10 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears