We need CCTV after today’s latest attack in our street
Dear Ed, WE HAVE just had the third dreadful incident in as many months at this end of Bethnal Green when a man was attacked today (Friday) crossing the road from Victoria Park into Sewardstone Road. Two blokes emerged from a car with metal pipes and attacked the man until he fell unconscious to the ground
WE HAVE just had the third dreadful incident in as many months at this end of Bethnal Green when a man was attacked today (Friday) crossing the road from Victoria Park into Sewardstone Road (Man fights for life after metal bar attack in street, Advertiser Website, July 17).
Two blokes emerged from a passing car, equipped with metal pipes, and attacked the man with the weapons until he fell unconscious to the ground.
I reiterate as chair of Parkview Estate residents, and also representative on Bethnal Green North Safer Neighbourhoods ward panel, the need for CCTV in this area.
A volunteer a few weeks ago helping out with the gardening at St James-the-Less Vicarage got beaten up by a youth walking past who did not like the garden waste obstructing his walk. He was left with a blue face and broken bones.
You may also want to watch:
Soon after, joy riders destroyed three parked cars in St James Avenue when their car sped around the corner.
I spoke to a police officer guarding today’s crime scene (July 17) who agreed this area needs CCTV.
- 1 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 5 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 6 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 9 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 10 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
How else are police going to establish who those attackers were without video evidence?
Sewardstone Road, Bethnal Green