We need CCTV after today’s latest attack in our street
Dear Ed, WE HAVE just had the third dreadful incident in as many months at this end of Bethnal Green when a man was attacked today (Friday) crossing the road from Victoria Park into Sewardstone Road. Two blokes emerged from a car with metal pipes and attacked the man until he fell unconscious to the ground
WE HAVE just had the third dreadful incident in as many months at this end of Bethnal Green when a man was attacked today (Friday) crossing the road from Victoria Park into Sewardstone Road (Man fights for life after metal bar attack in street, Advertiser Website, July 17).
Two blokes emerged from a passing car, equipped with metal pipes, and attacked the man with the weapons until he fell unconscious to the ground.
I reiterate as chair of Parkview Estate residents, and also representative on Bethnal Green North Safer Neighbourhoods ward panel, the need for CCTV in this area.
A volunteer a few weeks ago helping out with the gardening at St James-the-Less Vicarage got beaten up by a youth walking past who did not like the garden waste obstructing his walk. He was left with a blue face and broken bones.
You may also want to watch:
Soon after, joy riders destroyed three parked cars in St James Avenue when their car sped around the corner.
I spoke to a police officer guarding today’s crime scene (July 17) who agreed this area needs CCTV.
- 1 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 2 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 3 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 6 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 7 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 8 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 9 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 10 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
How else are police going to establish who those attackers were without video evidence?
Sewardstone Road, Bethnal Green