We need CCTV after today’s latest attack in our street
Dear Ed, WE HAVE just had the third dreadful incident in as many months at this end of Bethnal Green when a man was attacked today (Friday) crossing the road from Victoria Park into Sewardstone Road. Two blokes emerged from a car with metal pipes and attacked the man until he fell unconscious to the ground
WE HAVE just had the third dreadful incident in as many months at this end of Bethnal Green when a man was attacked today (Friday) crossing the road from Victoria Park into Sewardstone Road (Man fights for life after metal bar attack in street, Advertiser Website, July 17).
Two blokes emerged from a passing car, equipped with metal pipes, and attacked the man with the weapons until he fell unconscious to the ground.
I reiterate as chair of Parkview Estate residents, and also representative on Bethnal Green North Safer Neighbourhoods ward panel, the need for CCTV in this area.
A volunteer a few weeks ago helping out with the gardening at St James-the-Less Vicarage got beaten up by a youth walking past who did not like the garden waste obstructing his walk. He was left with a blue face and broken bones.
You may also want to watch:
Soon after, joy riders destroyed three parked cars in St James Avenue when their car sped around the corner.
I spoke to a police officer guarding today’s crime scene (July 17) who agreed this area needs CCTV.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 5 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 10 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
How else are police going to establish who those attackers were without video evidence?
Sewardstone Road, Bethnal Green