We object to Isle of Dogs high-rise developments
Dear Ed,, I AM concerned like many people in Millwall and the Isle of Dogs about the impact the proposed high-density Island Point’ and City Pride’ housing developments in Westferry Road could have on the community. My Conservative colleagues and I were shocked when Labour attempted to stop all us speaking at Tower Ham lets council's development committee
I AM concerned like many people in Millwall and the Isle of Dogs about the impact the proposed high-density Island Point’ and City Pride’ housing developments in Westferry Road could have on the community.
My Conservative ward colleagues and I, having already objected to the planning application, registered to speak at Tower Hamlets council’s strategic development committee last Thursday (February 19). The public gallery was packed with residents opposed to the development.
But we were shocked when the Labour chair of the committee, Shafiqul Hoque, attempted to stop all us speaking. Thankfully, good sense prevailed, and the chair backed down, allowing us all to register our objections.
You may also want to watch:
Unfortunately, the committee voted to defer the application to a later date, rather than to reject the plans outright.
But we will continue opposing this application when it next comes before the committee.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 6 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 7 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 8 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Hunt for bogus health worker who gave fake Covid jab to woman of 92
Cllr David Snowdon (Con)
Manchester Road, Millwall
Tower Hamlets Council (Millwall ward)