We object to Isle of Dogs high-rise developments
Dear Ed,, I AM concerned like many people in Millwall and the Isle of Dogs about the impact the proposed high-density Island Point’ and City Pride’ housing developments in Westferry Road could have on the community. My Conservative colleagues and I were shocked when Labour attempted to stop all us speaking at Tower Ham lets council's development committee
I AM concerned like many people in Millwall and the Isle of Dogs about the impact the proposed high-density Island Point’ and City Pride’ housing developments in Westferry Road could have on the community.
My Conservative ward colleagues and I, having already objected to the planning application, registered to speak at Tower Hamlets council’s strategic development committee last Thursday (February 19). The public gallery was packed with residents opposed to the development.
But we were shocked when the Labour chair of the committee, Shafiqul Hoque, attempted to stop all us speaking. Thankfully, good sense prevailed, and the chair backed down, allowing us all to register our objections.
You may also want to watch:
Unfortunately, the committee voted to defer the application to a later date, rather than to reject the plans outright.
But we will continue opposing this application when it next comes before the committee.
- 1 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 4 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 5 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 6 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 7 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Tokyo 2020: Poplar children have their own 'Olympics'
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
Cllr David Snowdon (Con)
Manchester Road, Millwall
Tower Hamlets Council (Millwall ward)