We object to Isle of Dogs high-rise developments
Dear Ed,, I AM concerned like many people in Millwall and the Isle of Dogs about the impact the proposed high-density Island Point’ and City Pride’ housing developments in Westferry Road could have on the community. My Conservative colleagues and I were shocked when Labour attempted to stop all us speaking at Tower Ham lets council's development committee
I AM concerned like many people in Millwall and the Isle of Dogs about the impact the proposed high-density Island Point’ and City Pride’ housing developments in Westferry Road could have on the community.
My Conservative ward colleagues and I, having already objected to the planning application, registered to speak at Tower Hamlets council’s strategic development committee last Thursday (February 19). The public gallery was packed with residents opposed to the development.
But we were shocked when the Labour chair of the committee, Shafiqul Hoque, attempted to stop all us speaking. Thankfully, good sense prevailed, and the chair backed down, allowing us all to register our objections.
Unfortunately, the committee voted to defer the application to a later date, rather than to reject the plans outright.
But we will continue opposing this application when it next comes before the committee.
- 1 Cyclist in hospital after lorry collision in Whitechapel
- 2 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 3 Mile End: Car crashes into bus stop during police pursuit
- 4 'Lucky' escape: Family flees Bethnal Green fire thanks to fire alarms
- 5 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 6 Warnings issued after four fox clubs found stuck in old car wheels
- 7 Whitechapel nun pens book of 12 stories to inspire selflessness in society
- 8 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
- 9 'Staffing crisis' means children's hospice cannot offer end of life care
- 10 Cycle paths joined up in Aldgate creates 'safe route' through east London
Cllr David Snowdon (Con)
Manchester Road, Millwall
Tower Hamlets Council (Millwall ward)