We object to Isle of Dogs high-rise developments
Dear Ed,, I AM concerned like many people in Millwall and the Isle of Dogs about the impact the proposed high-density Island Point’ and City Pride’ housing developments in Westferry Road could have on the community. My Conservative colleagues and I were shocked when Labour attempted to stop all us speaking at Tower Ham lets council's development committee
I AM concerned like many people in Millwall and the Isle of Dogs about the impact the proposed high-density Island Point’ and City Pride’ housing developments in Westferry Road could have on the community.
My Conservative ward colleagues and I, having already objected to the planning application, registered to speak at Tower Hamlets council’s strategic development committee last Thursday (February 19). The public gallery was packed with residents opposed to the development.
But we were shocked when the Labour chair of the committee, Shafiqul Hoque, attempted to stop all us speaking. Thankfully, good sense prevailed, and the chair backed down, allowing us all to register our objections.
You may also want to watch:
Unfortunately, the committee voted to defer the application to a later date, rather than to reject the plans outright.
But we will continue opposing this application when it next comes before the committee.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 3 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 6 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 7 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 8 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
Cllr David Snowdon (Con)
Manchester Road, Millwall
Tower Hamlets Council (Millwall ward)