We pay for council party political freesheet out of our taxes
Drear Ed, I MOVED to the East End a couple of months ago and am intrigued at Tower Hamlets council’s free newspaper. I can’t believe that any local authority has the cheek and is getting away with printing something like this
I MOVED to the East End a couple of months ago and am intrigued at Tower Hamlets council's free newspaper. I can't believe that any local authority has the cheek and is getting away with printing something like this.
I was appalled to learn from a letter on the East London Advertiser's website that the paper is now facing a �400,000 black hole, which means it will cost residents of Tower Hamlets �1 million this year alone.
Printing a party political newspaper that promotes the Labour party or any party using taxpayers' money is illegal. Tower Hamlets council is behaving contrary to the law.
You may also want to watch:
I am dismayed by the constant attempts by the council newspaper to promote Labour councillors, using our taxes to do it.
The standard of journalism is shabby and is written in a way which is shabby and patronising.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 3 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 6 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 7 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 8 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
Senrab Street, Whitechapel