We pay for council party political freesheet out of our taxes
Drear Ed, I MOVED to the East End a couple of months ago and am intrigued at Tower Hamlets council’s free newspaper. I can’t believe that any local authority has the cheek and is getting away with printing something like this
I MOVED to the East End a couple of months ago and am intrigued at Tower Hamlets council's free newspaper. I can't believe that any local authority has the cheek and is getting away with printing something like this.
I was appalled to learn from a letter on the East London Advertiser's website that the paper is now facing a �400,000 black hole, which means it will cost residents of Tower Hamlets �1 million this year alone.
Printing a party political newspaper that promotes the Labour party or any party using taxpayers' money is illegal. Tower Hamlets council is behaving contrary to the law.
You may also want to watch:
I am dismayed by the constant attempts by the council newspaper to promote Labour councillors, using our taxes to do it.
The standard of journalism is shabby and is written in a way which is shabby and patronising.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 5 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
Senrab Street, Whitechapel