We pay for council party political freesheet out of our taxes
Drear Ed, I MOVED to the East End a couple of months ago and am intrigued at Tower Hamlets council’s free newspaper. I can’t believe that any local authority has the cheek and is getting away with printing something like this
I MOVED to the East End a couple of months ago and am intrigued at Tower Hamlets council's free newspaper. I can't believe that any local authority has the cheek and is getting away with printing something like this.
I was appalled to learn from a letter on the East London Advertiser's website that the paper is now facing a �400,000 black hole, which means it will cost residents of Tower Hamlets �1 million this year alone.
Printing a party political newspaper that promotes the Labour party or any party using taxpayers' money is illegal. Tower Hamlets council is behaving contrary to the law.
You may also want to watch:
I am dismayed by the constant attempts by the council newspaper to promote Labour councillors, using our taxes to do it.
The standard of journalism is shabby and is written in a way which is shabby and patronising.
- 1 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 2 Trial of Poplar and Limehouse MP opens on 'housing fraud' charges
- 3 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 4 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 5 Remembrance to Bethnal Green's ‘perfect storm’ fire tragedy 17 years on
- 6 Poplar and Limehouse MP's trial on housing fraud charges set to start
- 7 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Bethnal Green rubbish 'attracts rats' as 'pingdemic' delays collections
- 9 No arrests after triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 10 'Laughing gas central': Call for action on antisocial behaviour
Senrab Street, Whitechapel