We’re getting short changed by the No 8 bus drivers
Dear Ed, Passengers are usually allowed to get off at the last stop of the journey when buses are turned round. But nine out of 10 drivers on the No 8 route have decided the last bus stop at the Roman Road termination point is a whole block short of where it should be
IS IT just me or do any other passengers on the No 8 bus in East London find the way they are terminated at Roman Road (near Grove Road) wrong?
Passengers are usually allowed to get off at the last stop of the journey when buses are turned round. For example, passengers on buses going to Bow Church get off at Bow Church.
Buses only going as far as the Roman Road-Grove Road terminal point should be in Grove Road.
You may also want to watch:
But nine out of 10 drivers have decided the last bus stop is just past Smart Street in Bethnal Green, on the edge of the 'E2' postcode, just before the Regent's Canal bridge.
That's a whole block short of Grove Road.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 3 Man found stabbed on board night bus
- 4 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Trees planted to remember people who died of Covid in the East End
- 7 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 8 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
Quite a lot of us get on the bus and nine times out of 10 the destination on the front says 'Bow Church.'
Then just as you come up to Smart Street, the driver shouts that the bus is stopping and you all have to get off. Some people have shopping or there are mums with small children who either have to wait for another bus that could be full and not stop or have to walk the extra three-quarters of a mile to the place the bus should have taken us!
All I ask of Route 8 drivers who do this is please think of us passengers who pay our fares to be given a service. They should provide that service.
St Stephen's Road, Bow