We’re getting short changed by the No 8 bus drivers
Dear Ed, Passengers are usually allowed to get off at the last stop of the journey when buses are turned round. But nine out of 10 drivers on the No 8 route have decided the last bus stop at the Roman Road termination point is a whole block short of where it should be
IS IT just me or do any other passengers on the No 8 bus in East London find the way they are terminated at Roman Road (near Grove Road) wrong?
Passengers are usually allowed to get off at the last stop of the journey when buses are turned round. For example, passengers on buses going to Bow Church get off at Bow Church.
Buses only going as far as the Roman Road-Grove Road terminal point should be in Grove Road.
You may also want to watch:
But nine out of 10 drivers have decided the last bus stop is just past Smart Street in Bethnal Green, on the edge of the 'E2' postcode, just before the Regent's Canal bridge.
That's a whole block short of Grove Road.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 3 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 10 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
Quite a lot of us get on the bus and nine times out of 10 the destination on the front says 'Bow Church.'
Then just as you come up to Smart Street, the driver shouts that the bus is stopping and you all have to get off. Some people have shopping or there are mums with small children who either have to wait for another bus that could be full and not stop or have to walk the extra three-quarters of a mile to the place the bus should have taken us!
All I ask of Route 8 drivers who do this is please think of us passengers who pay our fares to be given a service. They should provide that service.
St Stephen's Road, Bow