East End children enjoy day of snow
For most, today’s (November 30) snow could have meant longer journeys on public transport and slower traffic on the roads.
Many pre-school children were able to enjoy the outbreak of snow though, as temperatures fell below freezing leaving much of east London covered in a layer of white.
Frida Hornsby, 4, played on the swings and made snowballs in Victoria Park while walkers took the opportunity to see the park in all its winter glory.
It was also perfect weather for ducks judging by the photos in our gallery as they made light of the cold temperatures to splash around in the park’s lakes.
No schools in Tower Hamlets were closed as a result of today’s weather.
You may also want to watch:
Click on our gallery to view more photos of the winter wonderland in Victoria Park and share your snow snaps with us at email@example.com.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt