East End children enjoy day of snow
For most, today’s (November 30) snow could have meant longer journeys on public transport and slower traffic on the roads.
Many pre-school children were able to enjoy the outbreak of snow though, as temperatures fell below freezing leaving much of east London covered in a layer of white.
Frida Hornsby, 4, played on the swings and made snowballs in Victoria Park while walkers took the opportunity to see the park in all its winter glory.
It was also perfect weather for ducks judging by the photos in our gallery as they made light of the cold temperatures to splash around in the park’s lakes.
No schools in Tower Hamlets were closed as a result of today’s weather.
You may also want to watch:
Click on our gallery to view more photos of the winter wonderland in Victoria Park and share your snow snaps with us at email@example.com.
- 1 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 4 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 5 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 6 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 7 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 10 Tokyo 2020: Poplar children have their own 'Olympics'