East End children enjoy day of snow
For most, today’s (November 30) snow could have meant longer journeys on public transport and slower traffic on the roads.
Many pre-school children were able to enjoy the outbreak of snow though, as temperatures fell below freezing leaving much of east London covered in a layer of white.
Frida Hornsby, 4, played on the swings and made snowballs in Victoria Park while walkers took the opportunity to see the park in all its winter glory.
It was also perfect weather for ducks judging by the photos in our gallery as they made light of the cold temperatures to splash around in the park’s lakes.
No schools in Tower Hamlets were closed as a result of today’s weather.
You may also want to watch:
Click on our gallery to view more photos of the winter wonderland in Victoria Park and share your snow snaps with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 2 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 4 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 5 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 6 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 7 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 8 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 9 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 10 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip