Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- Credit: PA
A yellow weather warning has been issued across London and the south east of England.
The Met Office has warned that thunderstorms are expected between 1pm to just before 12 midnight today (Tuesday, July 20).
The forecasters are currently expecting the rain to hit around 3pm or 4pm in east London.
It is expected that the storms will impact travel and power supplies, with flash flooding a risk.
There is a chance of lightning strikes, hail and strong winds and the Met Office has warned of difficult driving conditions and road closures.
Should there be flooding or lightning strikes, train and bus services could be cancelled.
The weather forecast shows that although the thunderstorm may miss some places, where it hits is likely to experience torrential rain, frequent lightning and gusty winds.
- 1 New Kray twins book to explore lives of gangsters 'aside from the crimes'
- 2 Bow man appears in court charged with murder after body found in cemetery
- 3 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 4 East End's 'last' Victorian funeral parlour being restored - and opens as burger bar
- 5 Shoreditch floral café blooms at new premises in Bethnal Green
- 6 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 7 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 8 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
- 9 New boy Brown 'buzzing' to help Leyton Orient
- 10 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
It is predicted that the thunderstorms could produce 30 to 60mm of rain within one to two hours.
Power cuts may also occur as a result of the thunderstorms and services to homes and businesses could be lost.