Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The Met Office has issued a yellow warning of heavy rain for London.
Starting from 4pm this afternoon, forecasters have predicted disruptions this evening and overnight as a result of the wet and windy weather.
They have advised of potential disruption to power supplies and other services, while "flooding of a few homes and businesses is likely".
Journeys are also expected to be impacted due to flooding on the roads.
This comes following a thunderstorm warning which runs through to midday today (October 20).
The weather is expected to remain relatively dry across London until later this afternoon, with temperatures of 16°/17°.
- 1 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 Delayed Canary Wharf 'portacabin' hotel hopes to open in 2022
- 4 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 5 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 6 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 7 Free vegan food at Spitalfields Market
- 8 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 9 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 10 East London man charged with six terrorism offences