Met Office issues another snow warning for London overnight
WEATHER experts are warning London is in line for another snow battering overnight as the cold snap shows no sign if abating.
The Met Office has issued a severe weather warning for the capital and the south-east after a series of similar warnings over the last four days.
From 6pm on Monday to the early hours of Tuesday, outbreaks of snow, already affecting parts of Oxfordshire and Berkshire, will push slowly eastwards and northwards across other parts of southeast England.
Snow amounts will be variable but between two and 5cm of snowfall is likely generally, and possibly as much as 10cm in some locations. The snow is expected to gradually die out from most places towards dawn on Tuesday.
London transport was due for yet another severe examination, with delays reported on four Underground lines going into the Monday evening rush. The situation was made worse by a fire alert at Canning Town that closed part of the Jubilee Line and caused sever delays on the rest of the line.
You may also want to watch:
Train services on most routes out of London are likely to be subject to delays and cancellation as commuters struggle to get home during the evening.
London City Airport has battled on throughout the day and is expecting most evening services to be running with delays, with flights to the likes of Rotterdam, Frankfurt and Edinburgh cancelled. Passengers are advised to contact their operators for more information.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 2 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute
- 3 Cyclist in critical condition after 'serious collision' in Bow
- 4 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 5 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 6 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 7 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 8 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 9 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 10 'Hold still while I ink your portrait for Captain Tom challenge'
Temperatures in east London are likely to dip as low as minus three overnight, with sub-zero temperatures anticipated for most of Tuesday.