Santas on the run scuppered by snowstorm
London’s snow storm scuppered the Santas’ race across the South Bank today.
The annual event, which hopes to raise �20,000 for children’s hospice Richard House in Beckton, has been postponed to Tuesday 14 December so there is still time to register.
The hospice cares for terminally ill children and those with complex illnesses who live across London.
The 2km race which has been rescheduled for the middle of the month will start at the OXO Tower on the Riverside Walk in London.
Organisers are inviting runners to dress up as Santa to walk or run along the Southbank in London. Cntact Manjeet Boparai, Richard House Children’s Hospice’s fundraising events manager on 020 7540 0204 or email@example.comRegistration costs �12.50 and runners need to raise a minimum sponsorship of �15.
You may also want to watch:
All participants will be given a Santa suit at the event and runners must register in advance as it will not be possible to register anyone on the day.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff explains the reasoning for dropping Jamie Turley to the bench
- 3 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 4 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 5 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 6 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 7 Former Bagel Factory turned into creative studios to rent out
- 8 London elections 2021: City and East candidates make case for your vote
- 9 Fundraiser launched after school families suffer 'so many Covid deaths'
- 10 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape