Santas on the run scuppered by snowstorm
London’s snow storm scuppered the Santas’ race across the South Bank today.
The annual event, which hopes to raise �20,000 for children’s hospice Richard House in Beckton, has been postponed to Tuesday 14 December so there is still time to register.
The hospice cares for terminally ill children and those with complex illnesses who live across London.
The 2km race which has been rescheduled for the middle of the month will start at the OXO Tower on the Riverside Walk in London.
Organisers are inviting runners to dress up as Santa to walk or run along the Southbank in London. Cntact Manjeet Boparai, Richard House Children’s Hospice’s fundraising events manager on 020 7540 0204 or email@example.comRegistration costs �12.50 and runners need to raise a minimum sponsorship of �15.
You may also want to watch:
All participants will be given a Santa suit at the event and runners must register in advance as it will not be possible to register anyone on the day.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 5 Trees planted to remember people who died of Covid in the East End
- 6 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 7 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 8 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 9 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
- 10 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020