Santas on the run scuppered by snowstorm
London’s snow storm scuppered the Santas’ race across the South Bank today.
The annual event, which hopes to raise �20,000 for children’s hospice Richard House in Beckton, has been postponed to Tuesday 14 December so there is still time to register.
The hospice cares for terminally ill children and those with complex illnesses who live across London.
The 2km race which has been rescheduled for the middle of the month will start at the OXO Tower on the Riverside Walk in London.
Organisers are inviting runners to dress up as Santa to walk or run along the Southbank in London. Cntact Manjeet Boparai, Richard House Children’s Hospice’s fundraising events manager on 020 7540 0204 or firstname.lastname@example.orgRegistration costs �12.50 and runners need to raise a minimum sponsorship of �15.
You may also want to watch:
All participants will be given a Santa suit at the event and runners must register in advance as it will not be possible to register anyone on the day.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 5 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council