Tower Hamlets swelters in mini heatwave
- Credit: Archant
People in Tower Hamlets are getting the sun lotion back out and flip flops back on as temperatures are expected to soar to 32C today.
The return to the heatwave follows a week of unpredictable weather, before which the UK enjoyed a long stretch of scorching hot weather.
The temperature will be at its hottest between 4pm and 7pm today, falling to 24C by midnight.
Tomorrow will be relatively cooler with highs of 24C, and the mercury is forecast to drop further into the weekend.
With next week also predicted to be rainy, this could be the last real day of summer.
You may also want to watch:
Are you out enjoying the sun today? Send your photos in to us either by emailing them to email@example.com or by tweeting us @ELAdvertiser or send them to us via www.facebook.com/eastlondonadvertiser.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 7 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin