Weekend closures on the District and Hammersmith and City Lines
BOTH the District Line and the Hammersmith and City Line will have part closures in the East End this weekend.
The District Line will be closed between Tower Hill and Upminster tomorrow (Saturday January 15).
From 3pm until 9.30pm this will change to no service between Tower Hill and Upney eastbound and between Barking and Tower Hill westbound.
A replacement bus service will run.
The Hammersmith and City Line will not have trains running between Liverpool Street and Barking on Saturday and Sunday.
A service will still operate between Hammersmith and Aldgate.
There are more disruptions on the District and Hammersmith and City Lines planned next weekend too and passengers are advised to check the Transport for London website before they travel.
- 1 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 2 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 3 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 4 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 5 Come Dine With Me calls on east London restaurants for new show
- 6 One per cent council tax rise planned with borough set for balanced budget
- 7 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 8 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 9 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
- 10 Guilty: East London criminals jailed in December 2021
On Thursday (January 20), workers on the Docklands Light Railway are planning to go on strike for two days in a dispute about redundancies, pensions and working hours.