Weekend trains to run on East London Line
THIS weekend will see trains running on the newly opened East London line for the first time. The line is currently operating under preview running status, with a limited Monday to Friday, Dalston Junction to New Cross Gate service.
THIS weekend will see trains running on the newly opened East London line.
The line is currently operating under "preview running" status, with a limited Monday to Friday, Dalston Junction to New Cross Gate service.
This service will now run through this coming weekend before a full service Dalston Junction to West Croydon starts on May 23.
Ian Brown, Managing Director of TfL London Rail, said: "The first section of the new route has bedded in very well and we are now ready to ramp up the service in preparation for the opening of the second section on 23 May ahead of schedule and on budget."
You may also want to watch:
The service will now operate through the coming weekend and the following week at these times:
- Saturday May 15: 7am to 8pm.
- 1 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 4 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 5 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 6 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 7 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Tokyo 2020: Poplar children have their own 'Olympics'
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- Sunday May 16: 8.20am to 8pm
- Monday May 17 to Friday May 21: 7am to 8pm
- Saturday May 22: 7am to 8pm.