Weekend trains to run on East London Line
THIS weekend will see trains running on the newly opened East London line for the first time. The line is currently operating under preview running status, with a limited Monday to Friday, Dalston Junction to New Cross Gate service.
THIS weekend will see trains running on the newly opened East London line.
The line is currently operating under "preview running" status, with a limited Monday to Friday, Dalston Junction to New Cross Gate service.
This service will now run through this coming weekend before a full service Dalston Junction to West Croydon starts on May 23.
Ian Brown, Managing Director of TfL London Rail, said: "The first section of the new route has bedded in very well and we are now ready to ramp up the service in preparation for the opening of the second section on 23 May ahead of schedule and on budget."
You may also want to watch:
The service will now operate through the coming weekend and the following week at these times:
- Saturday May 15: 7am to 8pm.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 3 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 4 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 5 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 6 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 7 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 8 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
- Sunday May 16: 8.20am to 8pm
- Monday May 17 to Friday May 21: 7am to 8pm
- Saturday May 22: 7am to 8pm.