Weekend trains to run on East London Line
THIS weekend will see trains running on the newly opened East London line for the first time. The line is currently operating under preview running status, with a limited Monday to Friday, Dalston Junction to New Cross Gate service.
THIS weekend will see trains running on the newly opened East London line.
The line is currently operating under "preview running" status, with a limited Monday to Friday, Dalston Junction to New Cross Gate service.
This service will now run through this coming weekend before a full service Dalston Junction to West Croydon starts on May 23.
Ian Brown, Managing Director of TfL London Rail, said: "The first section of the new route has bedded in very well and we are now ready to ramp up the service in preparation for the opening of the second section on 23 May ahead of schedule and on budget."
You may also want to watch:
The service will now operate through the coming weekend and the following week at these times:
- Saturday May 15: 7am to 8pm.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 10 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- Sunday May 16: 8.20am to 8pm
- Monday May 17 to Friday May 21: 7am to 8pm
- Saturday May 22: 7am to 8pm.