Weekend travel chaos on London Underground and roads
Nine London Underground lines will be hit by track and other maintenance work over the weekend, passengers are warned.
Circle: No trains on Saturday.
District: No trains Saturday between Whitechapel and Mansion House.
Hammersmith & City: No trains Saturday between Liverpool Street and Barking.
Metropolitan: No trains Saturday between Aldgate and Moorgate.
Central: No trains Saturday and Sunday between Leytonstone and Woodford on the Newbury Park loop for track and drainage work.
Bakerloo: No trains Saturday between Paddington and Elephant & Castle.
- 1 Japanese udon noodles chain to mark Canary Wharf opening with free bowls
- 2 Bow man accused of carrying out fatal hammer attack appears at Old Bailey
- 3 New Kray twins book to explore lives of gangsters 'aside from the crimes'
- 4 Bow man appears in court charged with murder after body found in cemetery
- 5 Riverside park extension above new sewage structures given green light
- 6 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 7 East End's 'last' Victorian funeral parlour being restored - and opens as burger bar
- 8 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 9 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
- 10 Shoreditch floral café blooms at new premises in Bethnal Green
Jubilee: Not stopping at Baker Street on Saturday.
Northern: No trains Sunday until 8.30am between Camden Town, Mill Hill East and High Barnet southbound and until 9am northbound.
Piccadilly: No trains all weekend between Acton Town and Uxbridge.
London Overground: No trains Sunday between Willesden Junction and Richmond.
There are no planned track works on the Jubilee, Victoria and Waterloo & City lines or the DLR.
On the Roads: The half marathon ‘Run to the Beat’ takes place Sunday on the streets of Greenwich, starting and finishing at the O2, with 18,500 runners through Charlton, Woolwich Dockyard, Woolwich Arsenal, Westcombe Park and Maze Hill. Roads will be closed to traffic from 8am and buses diverted. The A102 Blackwall Tunnel approach is unaffected.