Weekend travel hit by track works, Lord Mayor’s Show and Cenotaph Remembrance
Maintenance and improvement works may affect some travel on the London Underground and the Overground at the weekend, while on the roads there are closures for Saturday’s Lord Mayor’s Show in the City and for Remembrance Sunday in Westminster.
Hammersmith & City: Paddington station closed all weekend for station work.
Northern: No trains Saturday and Sunday between Hampstead and Edgware.
Piccadilly: No trains Saturday and Sunday between Wood Green and Cockfosters and between Rayners Lane and Uxbridge.
You may also want to watch:
Bakerloo: No trains Saturday and Sunday between Stonebridge Park and Harrow & Wealdstone.
But the Central is now back on track on the Hainault loop after a 12-day closure to renew track points, rails and drainage.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 Man found stabbed on board night bus
London Overground’s East London Line: No trains Sunday until 8am between Highbury & Islington through Whitechapel to New Cross Gate and no trains Sunday New Cross Gate to Crystal Palace and West Croydon, or Sunday between Sydenham and West Croydon.
Elsewhere: No trains Sunday between Queen’s Park and Watford Junction due to electrical work.
Lord Mayor’s Show closures in the City from Guildhall to the Royal Courts of Justice 7am-1pm along Queen Victoria Street, Ludgate Hill and Fleet Street to The Strand, then return route along the Victoria Embankment from Westminster Bridge to Southwark Bridge 7am to early afternoon. Remembrance Sunday closure of Whitehall 8am-5pm for Cenotaph wreath-laying.