Weekend Underground services hit by Crossrail work and testing new trains
Some Underground and DLR services are being suspended through east London and central London at the weekend, passengers are warned.
The Circle Line is closed all tomorrow (Sat) and Sunday due to work on Crossrail.
The work also affects the Hammersmith & City between Moorgate and Barking, which means no service eastwards through Whitechapel and Mile End, and the Metropolitan between Aldgate and Baker Street.
The District is affected both days by test-runs for its new trains and signal checks—with no trains eastbound tomorrow between Embankment and Upney and westbound between Barking and Embankment, and on Sunday between Embankment and Upney.
DLR services are suspended all weekend between Stratford International and Canning Town for upgrading to its communication system.
You may also want to watch:
The Central and Jubilee are unaffected, says London Underground.
- 1 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 2 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 3 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 10 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single