Weekend Underground services hit by Crossrail work and testing new trains
Some Underground and DLR services are being suspended through east London and central London at the weekend, passengers are warned.
The Circle Line is closed all tomorrow (Sat) and Sunday due to work on Crossrail.
The work also affects the Hammersmith & City between Moorgate and Barking, which means no service eastwards through Whitechapel and Mile End, and the Metropolitan between Aldgate and Baker Street.
The District is affected both days by test-runs for its new trains and signal checks—with no trains eastbound tomorrow between Embankment and Upney and westbound between Barking and Embankment, and on Sunday between Embankment and Upney.
DLR services are suspended all weekend between Stratford International and Canning Town for upgrading to its communication system.
The Central and Jubilee are unaffected, says London Underground.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 3 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 4 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 5 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 6 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 7 Leyton Orient could send goalkeeper Sargeant back out on loan
- 8 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 9 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 10 Things to do in east London this weekend