Weekend Underground services hit by Crossrail work and testing new trains
Some Underground and DLR services are being suspended through east London and central London at the weekend, passengers are warned.
The Circle Line is closed all tomorrow (Sat) and Sunday due to work on Crossrail.
The work also affects the Hammersmith & City between Moorgate and Barking, which means no service eastwards through Whitechapel and Mile End, and the Metropolitan between Aldgate and Baker Street.
The District is affected both days by test-runs for its new trains and signal checks—with no trains eastbound tomorrow between Embankment and Upney and westbound between Barking and Embankment, and on Sunday between Embankment and Upney.
DLR services are suspended all weekend between Stratford International and Canning Town for upgrading to its communication system.
You may also want to watch:
The Central and Jubilee are unaffected, says London Underground.
- 1 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 8 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 9 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 10 Poplar and Limehouse MP's trial on housing fraud charges set to start