Well done! Our cops make Bow a safer neighbourhood
Dear Ed, WE PUBLICLY congratulate the Bow East Police Neighbourhood team in East London on their well-deserved Community Safety award. In the nine months the team has made real progress in tackling persistent crime and anti-social behaviour around Roman Road Market
WE PUBLICLY congratulate Pol Sgt Tony Mohan, Pc Steve Bowyer and the rest of the Bow East Police Neighbourhood team in East London on their well-deserved Community Safety award.
In the nine months since Sgt Mohan took over in Bow East ward, his team has made real progress tackling some of the persistent crime and anti-social behaviour around Roman Road Market.
The team has also led the work to close down several crack’ houses in the area, including the first-ever use of the new Closure Order powers anywhere in the country.
You may also want to watch:
Team-members are making great efforts to listen to the community’s concerns. The effectiveness of the Bow East team shows it was absolutely right to introduce neighbourhood teams in the first place and then roll them out across Tower Hamlets ahead of other boroughs.
It also shows why it is right to directly invest an extra �650,000 a year in boosting the neighbourhood police teams by another 17 officers.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 3 Man found stabbed on board night bus
- 4 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Trees planted to remember people who died of Covid in the East End
- 7 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 8 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
Of course, things are still a long way short of what we would like. But if the police themselves are able to find a little more cash for a few extra officers, there is now a real prospect of a regular uniformed presence’ late into the evenings in Roman Road Market as well as daytime.
That is exactly the kind of visible deterrent that will ensure older people feel safe getting to the shops again and help boost the traders while we wait for Iceland and Tesco’s to set up stall.
Cllr Marc Francis (Lab)
Cllr Alex Heslop (Lab)
Cllr Ahmed Omer (Lab)
Bow East ward
Tower Hamlets Council
Town Hall, Blackwall