West Ham fans not concerned by much maligned 4-5-1 formation
Hammers happy with winning formula
Every week our West Ham correspondent Nathaniel John asks Hammers fans their opinions on the goings on at the club.
You can join the debate on twitter @nathaniel_john.
This week Nathaniel asks; ‘Are you happy with Sam Allardyce’s tactics? Is 4-5-1 the one? Or should it be 4-4-2?’
It has to be 4-5-1 away 4-4-2 at home for me......especially at home to Peterborough, otherwise Baldock was a pointless signing in my opinion.
You may also want to watch:
@MarkieReynolds Mark Reynolds
A winning formation is the way for me. Winds me up that people are complaining, yet we’re flying. He’s the manager, let him do his job I say.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 4 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 5 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
@phill_joseph Phill Joseph
Big Sam is playing winning football, so of course I’m happy regardless of formation.
@Moose_talkSPORT Ian ‘Moose’ Abrahams
We need to start being more clinical in front of goal. By that, I believe we should have two up top as it’s vital to win at home.
@MarshyWHUFC Nick Marsh
4-5-1 is vital against teams like Peterborough, because it means possession. Big Sam will swap the formation after the team is settled.
@benny_berger Benny Berger
I would like to see Baldock get a go in a 4-4-2, but who do you sacrifice from the centre of midfield? Oh, and don’t forget, it’s 4-3-3, not 4-5-1!
@pudderst Tim Pudney
Personally, I would love to see a 4-4-2 formation. However, Big Sam is getting the results with a 4-5-1. Ok, It isn’t the prettiest of matches, but if it’s working then I suppose we’ve got to stick with it. Once the team fully gels, I think things will also improve on the pitch.
@lwhitey75 Lee White
4-5-1 has given us good results and good football. It gave us the former but not the latter on Saturday, but that was one game. Let’s not get short-termist. Good to see we can grind out results if need be. We’ll need to.
@olliedearn Ollie Dearn
I’d prefer 4-4-2 at home, but if it ain’t broke etc. I just want to win games, and if that is what we are doing then why change?
@oakey_dokey Dave Oakman
If we are getting the results, then we can’t really complain, whatever the system is.
@jonfoz1 Jon Foster
Can’t see what the problem is – we’re winning games at long last! If it’s not broke, why try fix it?
@louisb91 Louis Baker
For interactive coverage of West Ham v Ipswich Town this evening log on to www.london24.com/west-ham from 7.15pm. You can set an email reminder so you don’t miss any of the action. Get involved and make your voice heard.