West Ham off to Switzerland to play in 50th Uhren Cup
Hammers Switzerland bound
West Ham will take part in the 50th Uhren Cup tournament this coming July in Switzerland.
The Hammers will take on Young Boys and Basel when their campaign starts on Monday, July 11 in the the Stadium of Grenchen in the centre of the country.
West Ham will face the 11 times Swiss champions Young Boys before taking on Swiss champions Basel on Wednesday, July 13.
FC Zurich and Hertha Berlin are also taking part and the team with the most points is the victor.
You may also want to watch:
The competition was won by Stuttgart last year and West Ham’s participation will be the first from and English side since Ipswich Town took part in 1963.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 6 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom