West Ham off to Switzerland to play in 50th Uhren Cup
Hammers Switzerland bound
West Ham will take part in the 50th Uhren Cup tournament this coming July in Switzerland.
The Hammers will take on Young Boys and Basel when their campaign starts on Monday, July 11 in the the Stadium of Grenchen in the centre of the country.
West Ham will face the 11 times Swiss champions Young Boys before taking on Swiss champions Basel on Wednesday, July 13.
FC Zurich and Hertha Berlin are also taking part and the team with the most points is the victor.
You may also want to watch:
The competition was won by Stuttgart last year and West Ham’s participation will be the first from and English side since Ipswich Town took part in 1963.
- 1 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 2 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 3 Rabina Khan: What we must do five years on from Brexit referendum
- 4 Unmesh Desai: 'Councillor's sudden death leaves huge void'
- 5 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 6 'We need more Covid vaccines,' Tower Hamlets mayor warns
- 7 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 8 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 9 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 10 Tower Hamlets youth worker on lack of funding for vital services