West Ham off to Switzerland to play in 50th Uhren Cup
Hammers Switzerland bound
West Ham will take part in the 50th Uhren Cup tournament this coming July in Switzerland.
The Hammers will take on Young Boys and Basel when their campaign starts on Monday, July 11 in the the Stadium of Grenchen in the centre of the country.
West Ham will face the 11 times Swiss champions Young Boys before taking on Swiss champions Basel on Wednesday, July 13.
FC Zurich and Hertha Berlin are also taking part and the team with the most points is the victor.
You may also want to watch:
The competition was won by Stuttgart last year and West Ham’s participation will be the first from and English side since Ipswich Town took part in 1963.
- 1 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 2 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 9 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 10 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing