West Ham’s Baldock ready to play his part
Striker confident he can make the step up to the Championship
New West Ham striker Sam Baldock has revealed that he is already learning from the experienced players at the club and that he believed he can make the step up from League One to the Championship.
“It is a big step up,” admitted the striker. “But I’ve settled in well and I’m already learning from some quality players here.
“The squad is full of Premier League players, but hopefully I can bring something different.”
It was reported that Southampton made a last-ditch effort to sign Baldock, but the striker insists he always wanted to come to Upton Park.
You may also want to watch:
“Things have been reported elsewhere, but for me as soon as West Ham showed an interest they were the only club I wanted to come to,” admitted the striker.
“West Ham is a massive club and Sam Allardyce has done so much in the game.”
- 1 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 2 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 9 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 10 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
“I spoke to him about my role and he told me it allowed the team to play with two strikers. I am ready to play wherever he wants me.
Baldock hasn’t just been impressed with his fellow strikers at his new club, though.
“The strikers here are good, but so are the midfielders too. I see myself as a player who can make runs and work really hard and when you have players like Kevin Nolan and Mark Noble and David Bentley threading balls through to you, I hope I will be able to do something with them!”