West Ham’s Hitzlsperger out for four months, but duo to return for Wolves
Midfielder suffers setback.
West Ham midfielder Thomas Hitzlsperger is likely to be out for a further four months.
The German has not played a competitive match for the Hammers and although the East End club’s performances have improved over the past few matches, his continued absence will be a blow to Avram Grant.
Hitzlsperger had returned to light training, but a source at the club confirmed that he has suffered a muscle tear and although the medical staff have yet to make a decision, surgery is likely.
Kieron Dyer should however have recovered from illness and be fit to face Wolves at Molinuex, while there is an outside chance that Swiss midfielder Valon Behrami could return.
Hitzlsperger, Jack Collison and Zavon Hines are the only players ruled out for the clash, with West Ham taking a strong up to the Midlands.
For all the latest news, interviews and reports on West Ham United follow us on twitter at www.twitter.com/ela_hammers
- 1 Covid-19: How the situation in Tower Hamlets compares to this time last year
- 2 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 3 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 4 Rooftop ice-rink opens at Tobacco Dock in Wapping
- 5 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 6 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 7 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 8 Port and pie pop-up coming to Shoreditch
- 9 'Aggressive, violent behaviour' at Aldgate East tube station
- 10 Trust admits 'still more to do' despite diagnostic imaging improvements