West Ham’s Hitzlsperger out for four months, but duo to return for Wolves
Midfielder suffers setback.
West Ham midfielder Thomas Hitzlsperger is likely to be out for a further four months.
The German has not played a competitive match for the Hammers and although the East End club’s performances have improved over the past few matches, his continued absence will be a blow to Avram Grant.
Hitzlsperger had returned to light training, but a source at the club confirmed that he has suffered a muscle tear and although the medical staff have yet to make a decision, surgery is likely.
Kieron Dyer should however have recovered from illness and be fit to face Wolves at Molinuex, while there is an outside chance that Swiss midfielder Valon Behrami could return.
You may also want to watch:
Hitzlsperger, Jack Collison and Zavon Hines are the only players ruled out for the clash, with West Ham taking a strong up to the Midlands.
For all the latest news, interviews and reports on West Ham United follow us on twitter at www.twitter.com/ela_hammers
- 1 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 2 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 3 Docklands man pleaded guilty to firearms offences
- 4 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 5 Working classes 'being pushed out by East End's gentrification'
- 6 Driver threatened at gunpoint in Bromley-by-Bow carjacking
- 7 Crossharbour scheme for 2,000 new homes on Isle of Dogs is halted
- 8 Police search park in Poplar after report of stabbing
- 9 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets