West Ham’s Hitzlsperger out for four months, but duo to return for Wolves
Midfielder suffers setback.
West Ham midfielder Thomas Hitzlsperger is likely to be out for a further four months.
The German has not played a competitive match for the Hammers and although the East End club’s performances have improved over the past few matches, his continued absence will be a blow to Avram Grant.
Hitzlsperger had returned to light training, but a source at the club confirmed that he has suffered a muscle tear and although the medical staff have yet to make a decision, surgery is likely.
Kieron Dyer should however have recovered from illness and be fit to face Wolves at Molinuex, while there is an outside chance that Swiss midfielder Valon Behrami could return.
You may also want to watch:
Hitzlsperger, Jack Collison and Zavon Hines are the only players ruled out for the clash, with West Ham taking a strong up to the Midlands.
For all the latest news, interviews and reports on West Ham United follow us on twitter at www.twitter.com/ela_hammers
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 9 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom