West Ham star Sears: Wolves game is massive for Hammers
Upton Park clash is a ‘six-pointer’
WEST HAM’S Freddie Sears has described Saturday’s clash with Wolves as a ‘six-pointer’.
The two relegation rivals clash at Upton park on New Year’s Day and the Academy product knows how important it will be for their survival hopes if they can collect three points.
“It’s a massive game. The game against Wolves will be a great game to win. If we do, it will put a bit of daylight between them and us and try and get higher up the table. It’s definitely a six pointer,” he said.
The Hammers approach the match in decent form and are unbeaten over Christmas, a factor which Sears believes will definitely play in their favour come Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
“We take each game as it comes and we’ve had a good spell lately,” he said.
“We have picked up points and hopefully we can keep going for the Wolves game.”
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 4 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 5 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 6 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 7 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 8 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
Sears is desperate to start his third game on the bounce since returning from a loan spell at Scunthorpe.
The pacy forward has played on the right-hand side of midfield in both matches and is yet to score since his debut winner against Blackburn in 2008.
“It does not really worry me. I’d love to score i’d be a liar if I said otherwise,” he said. “It’s nothing I go out and think about I want to go out for the team I play for and get the three points. If we win 3-0 and I don’t score I am happy, if I score i’ll be even happier.”